“The bio-psycho-social model: The future of psychiatry”
29 June – 3 July, 2013
It is our pleasure to invite you to attend the 21st World Congress for Social Psychiatry, which will take place in Lisbon, Portugal, 29 June to 3 July 2013. The Psychiatric Clinic of the University of Lisbon is honoured to host this international congress on an increasingly important field of clinical practice and research.
The topic of the conference is “The bio-psycho- social model: The future of psychiatry”, will be the future of psychiatry. It covers a very broad set of issues from the explanatory models for psychiatric disorders to the role of psychological and social factors in the illness and suffering. We expect a high scientific and clinical quality of participants. We are looking forward to a very interesting and fertile meeting!
You are kindly invited to come and to actively participate in this important World Congress.
Professor Maria Luisa Figueira
Chair of the Organizing Committee
- Bio-psycho-social confluence of psychiatric sciences
- Life-span perspectives of mental health
- Natural Disasters/Man-made (including Fukushima) and mental health
- Co-morbid mental and physical illnesses
- Globalization, instant communication and mental health
- Mass movements of populations: migrants, refugees and others
- Suicide and its prevention
- Stigma of mental disorders and psychiatric institutions
- Investing in mental health
- Mental health care in developing countries
- Creating alliances to respond to mental health challenges